What is Globalization in Education?
Globalization in education is about integrating different institutions, education systems, and policies followed globally. It is the exchange of knowledge, ideas, and resources internationally. Some initiatives of globalization in education are; collaborative research projects, international student programs, and overcoming linguistic barriers.
Internationalization is playing an influential role in the education system around the world. It is about the increasing interdependence and interconnectedness of people and institutions worldwide. In education, globalization has made tremendous changes by enabling underdeveloped countries to adopt the best possible ways of improvement. However, there are some complexities as well.
Effects of Globalization on Education
There is a significant impact of globalization on education. The shift in labor markets due to internationalization has made education invaluable for some parts, as language and culture are equally important. However, this is one aspect; on the contrary, due to globalization, countries are getting exposure to some better education tactics. There are some positive and negative effects, explained as advantages and disadvantages of globalization in education.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Globalization in Education
Following are a few of the positive impacts of globalization presented by Professional Assignment Helpers in UAE:
- Improved Quality of Education, some countries have unveiled the best procedures and techniques of education to make their young generation competent by contemporary learning methods, like E-learning are now widely adopted.
- The establishment of foreign universities in developed countries helps students in developing countries to get a high-quality education.
- The concept of virtual learning and online universities has taken place where students can learn different skills and attain higher degrees from their hometown.
- Global impact on schooling enables students to understand and embrace other cultures that will help them in their practical life.
- Globalization in education has allowed young students to understand the concept of economy, governance, and their rights more clearly. Now the younger generation is becoming well aware of the gap or opportunities not available in their home country.
- The concept of practical learning is considered more today than any other learning style. It’s not only bookish knowledge now, but what can be done practically.
- Easy to learn the same concept in different languages due to the access to language translators present online.
Current global issues in education or drawback of Globalization in Education:
- The difference between rich and poor is increasing, and quality education is only accessible to rich people. We can say that globalization is only productive for the rich, whereas the poor are still suffering.
- Education has become one of the most revenue-generating businesses. Except for a few institutes, many are operating on a mission to generate maximum profits no matter the quality of schooling they provide.
- Disputes are increasing due to inequalities between developing and developed countries.
- The ruling of dominant cultural values in which powerful nations emphasize their preferences for less powerful.
- The growing technological gaps are leaving behind people in developing countries to compete with developed ones.
Importance of Globalization in Education
Globalization in education is inevitable today as the world needs to be at the same pace. With globalization, it will become easier to adopt change, enhance knowledge, and think independently for the success of individuals and society. Also, globalization in education will assist societies to easily collaborate with others and be a part of contemporary developments.
Barriers to global education in UAE Schools
Global Education has made its place almost everywhere, but there is still some inconvenience caused due to cultural and language barriers that are creating a problem. First of all, it is not easy to train students in a language they do not understand. Moreover, mostly the lessons are in the English language, which is the most commonly accepted language around the world. Therefore, for Arabic students, it is time-taking to understand and implement things effectively.
Secondly, cultural difference is another barrier that has made learning and execution of global education difficult for children. Especially, the information technology courses due to their complexities. The lifestyles of UAE school students need to be transformed to enable them to embrace different cultures and broaden their logical thinking patterns.
How to Write Good Thesis StatementStarting to wirte your thesis? This article will help you to draft the perfect thesis statement.
Increasing Obesity in UAE among School StudentsWant to know how obesity has increase among children in the UAE since last decade? Read it out
Two Great Leaders – A book by Mohammed Bin Rashid Al MakhtoumThis article is all about the transformation of UAE and how Al-Maktoum has wonderfully portrayed the Two great Leaders.
This is how you can Draft a Good AssignmentAssignment Helpers is sharing some tips with you to let you draft a best Assignment for yourself!
Few Tips to Get Higher Grades in Your Nursing AssignmentsWorking on your Nursing Assignment? These tips will help you get higher grades.